Re: No "Edit" menu-item in "Gnus"

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: No "Edit" menu-item in "Gnus"
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:02:08 +0200

David Kastrup writes:
address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

Why does Gnus hide the Edit menu item?

There are several items on that menu that are useful when reading mail
and news.

Maybe we should have the Edit menu selectively grey out what does not
work on read-only buffers?  This is partly done, but somewhat
inconsistently.  For example, "Yank" is allowed.  The definition of
x-clipboard-yank does not have an (interactive "*") spec.  I don't
know whether that is the reason, or whether the interactive-spec does
not get consulted automatically.

It is because the function clipboard-yank didn't have one. Maybe they both should have one? But those are not automatically applied to the menu, I've made a change in x-win.el so that paste is disabled for read-only buffers.

        Jan D.