Re: Why not a grep-find-simple?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Why not a grep-find-simple?
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 03:15:22 +0200

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

I think it would be good to have a more easy to use version of
grep-find' that asks for the most common parameters. I would suggest:

- Directory
- File name pattern
- Grep pattern

Like M-x rgrep ?

(and look at M-x lgrep too)
Ah! Very nice! I looked for them but did not remember the discussion exactly and could not find them. I thought I had misunderstood.

I think "(info) Searching with Grep under Emacs" could be enhanced a bit to point out that rgrep and lgrep are simplified UI:s. The reference to find-grep should be removed I think. Maybe just add something like

   `rgrep' is a simplified UI to `grep-find'.

in the listing in the beginning of the node?