Re: Is OpenUsability something for Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Is OpenUsability something for Emacs?
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:45:39 +0200

Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
Lennart Borgman wrote:

...Just a week ago I installed Ubuntu GNU/Linux to give it a try again. Ubuntu
uses GNOME as its  default desktop. To my surprise I could not use the keyboard
to navigate  the "start menu". I had no mouse attached to that computer ...

Did you try Alt+F1?

Paul

Thanks. No, I had no reason to assume that it was Alt+F1 I should use. On w32 you can use C-ESC or the windows keys.

I see no reason that GNOME should not adopt to this. It is really a usability issue for w32 users. It would certainly be attractive to windows users if those keys worked - and I guess that is one of the goals.

But this is of course of topic here.