Re: fill-paragraph vs. financial institutions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: fill-paragraph vs. financial institutions
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:18:16 -0400

    Now you've really done it. M-x fill-paragraph on
    487.2875,
    487.3375,
    487.4000,

    gives
    487.2875, 3375, 4000, 4500, 4750, 5250, 5500, 6000, 7250, 8000, 8500,
    487.8750,

adaptive-fill-regexp has an explicit alternative to match prefixes
such as `NNN.'  This would only apply in the case where the first two
lines of a paragraph both start that way.

Maybe we should delete that case.  Is that really a case that people
use?  In some kinds of outlines, the first line of a paragraph would
start that way, but you wouldn't put the prefix on every line.
Can anyone think of a reason why we should keep this case?