From: Lennart Borgman
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:57:27 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:55:57 +0200
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
        Emacs Devel <address@hidden>

But I wouldn't suggest changing this until after the release, as it probably affects lots of documentation, even if we keep the old names as aliases for backwards compatibility.
I suggest changing them at once.

Please don't suggest such things at this time.  We've already had too
many temptations to make unnecessary changes, and will no doubt have
more.  It's already September out there, and we wanted to start a
pretest this month.

May I then suggest a little smaller change for this instead? Could we have a human readable table with translations from internal key names like <paste>, <next> to standard keyboard names? Just those names that differ should go into the table of course.

BTW, it feels ridiculous, but I have never been able to learn where <paste> is on my keyboard. Since I use CUA mode and Viper I have no problems really with that, but it feels strange not to know it. Maybe I asked once before, I am not sure.