From: Kevin Rodgers
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:06:39 -0600

Lennart Borgman wrote:
BTW, I just noticed that I can do things like

    (define-key global-map [page-down] 'scroll-up)

I get no error. It is just that it does not work. Should it be this way?

It does work: it binds the page-down function key to the scroll-up
command.  The only problem is that you don't have a way to key the
page-down input event.  This is no different than if you bound a
character that you can't type directly (think exotic, like Unicode math