Re: doc of prompt change with minor mode for read-key-sequence?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: doc of prompt change with minor mode for read-key-sequence?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:10:41 -0400

    It took me quite a while to discover where this second prompt was coming
    from. Because the translation happens at a low level, I couldn't figure out
    a way to debug it. By experimenting and searching source code, I found that
    "Foo: " comes from the name of the minor-mode keymap: (make-sparse-keymap
    "Foo"). (I don't know where the ": " is appended or in what code that takes
    place.)

I am not quite sure why this is happening, but I can tell you
something.  The "Foo" you specified in the keymap is its name as a
menu.  It ought to be used if the map is used as a menu, either a
mouse menu or a keyboard menu.

I do not see why it would be used as a menu in this case,
but apparently it is.