`q' in `C-h C-h' does not act like `View-quit'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: `q' in `C-h C-h' does not act like `View-quit'
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:26:53 -0700

I use one buffer per frame, by default, so *Help* appears in its own frame.

I have `view-remove-frame-by-deleting' = t, so when I hit `q', the *Help*
frame is deleted; gone. Just what I want: a pop-up window (frame) that
disappears upon `q'.

However, `C-h C-h' acts differently, and I apparently have no such control
in that case (let me know if I'm missing something). `q' in *Help* is bound
to `help-quit', not to `View-quit', after `C-h C-h'.

Result? The frame is always iconified by `q' after `C-h C-h'. On MS Windows,
this means that it zooms across the dislay into the task bar - very
annoying. `C-g' does the same thing as `q' after `C-h C-h', for some reason.
It is apparently not bound at that time to `keyboard-quit'.

[Worse: in my setup, I capture iconification, to position the frame on the
desktop as a thumbnail-frame "icon", instead of using task-bar
iconification. I don't want a tiny icon of the *Help* frame.  Worse: after
this "iconification", `q' is once bound again to `View-quit', but it then
does _nothing_, presumably because the window config has changed, so
`View-quit' gets confused. Just a guess - I've given up trying to understand
the intricacies of `View-quit'...]

Can't `C-h C-h' just use View mode normally?

If not, is there some easy way to make `q' delete the frame after `C-h C-h',
as it does normally for *Help* with `view-remove-frame-by-deleting' = t?

I suppose I can rebind `q' to `delete-frame' (or to my `kill-buffer' version
that deletes the window, or frame if one-window-p), but it seems like this
should be a general problem: Why doesn't `q' do the same thing at all times
in *Help*? Why isn't it always bound to `View-quit'?

[GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2006-07-19 on BOS-CTHEWLAP2 X
server distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600 configured using
`configure --with-msvc (12.00)']