Re: Starting ispell in some fixed directory

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Starting ispell in some fixed directory
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:10:16 +0300

> Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:32:57 +0200
> From: Slawomir Nowaczyk <address@hidden>
>
> A simple fix would be to run ispell in some predefined directory, at
> least on Windows -- c:/ for example. I do not think the location matters
> for ispell.

Patches are welcome, but I doubt that it's so easy to find a robust
directory to run ispell, what with machines that lack a C: drive.  The
user's home directory might be a better idea, but even that is not
fool-proof.

So I think perhaps the code should try c:/ or ~, and if that fails,
fall back on the current behavior.