Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:30:01 +0300

> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:18:00 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> The problem is localized between lines
>

>    1072      # People get bothered when...
>    .....     .....
>
>    1110      end

This is somewhat tangential to the real problem at hand, but as long
as we are talking about this: what happens if you remove all that
block from .gdbinit, type "gdb ./emacs.exe" in the src directory, and
then manually type the commands in the offending block, one after the
other?  I'm particularly interested to know whether you see any error
messages from GDB, and if so, which line causes these messages.

> (gdb) xpr
> Lisp_Symbol
> $2 = (struct Lisp_Symbol *) 0x7d8bf888
> Cannot access memory at address 0x7d8bf88c
> (gdb)

Kim, any clever ideas, before we ask Angelo to look in last_marked[]
array etc.?

> I want to flag that on Cygwin mailing list there are peoples that have
> similar problems with GDB
> (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-09/msg00534.html).

Yes, I've seen that thread, but I don't see any useful (i.e., that
explain what's going on and why) responses to the problem it reported.