Re: need option so line-move-to-column ignores fields, plus patch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: need option so line-move-to-column ignores fields, plus patch
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:37:44 -0400

    darting over to column 1 or the end of line when the line move brings
    it into a different field is entirely spurious for my purposes.

Would you please show me a scenario and explain why you think this
behavior is wrong?

    it would also be fine to have the cursor stick to the boundary, on the
    side of the field that the same as the field it came from, which is
    what i thought you were suggesting.

How is that different from the behavior you are describing?
Your description sounds like a description of exactly this.