Bug Database?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Bug Database?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:49:05 +1300

As a point of reference GDB has 1218 open bugs in its database and still gets
released roughly on a six monthly cycle.  Bugs are generally fixed by those who
find them most inconvenient.  I'm quite sure if they all had to be fixed first
it would never get released.  I use Emacs every day and I must say I've not
encountered any of the bugs currently in FOR-RELEASE.  How about Emacs using a
bug database?  GDB uses GNATS, but it could be Bugzilla.  I think the important
thing is that reported bugs don't get lost between the cracks, not that every
bug is fixed before the release.