Re: Bug Database?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug Database?
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:21:54 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> C++ is really a handicap.

C++ (with templates) clearly could have been better in many ways, but
even with all its flaws, is a very nice language for some types of
programming.  [i.e., while I can imagine a more elegant language
offering the same advantages, I don't know of any that are widely
available.  Availability is important too! :-]

Templates+inlining do indeed make things interesting for debuggers, but
as a programmer, I'll put up with some debugging pain if my program
source can be made much more clear as a result.

-Miles

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Ghandi