Re: emacs-unicode-2: global-auto-revert-mode doesn't work properly

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: emacs-unicode-2: global-auto-revert-mode doesn't work properly
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:04:57 +0900

I've just reached to my todo-list entry about this matter.

In article <address@hidden>, William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > Ah, I found that this bug happens when you insert non-ASCII
> > characters,

> Smart guess ! But seems it makes no difference here..

> > and I found the reason why that causes the
> > problem only in emacs-unicode-2 (difference in REPLACE
> > handling in Finsert_file_contents; HEAD uses insert_1 but
> > emacs-unicode-2 uses insert_from_buffer).  I'm now working
> > on fixing it.  Please wait for a while.

> Still progress though ! :-)

insert_1 can be called with the arg PREPARE zero, but as
insert_from_buffer and insert_from_buffer_1 don't have such
an arg, prepare_to_modify_buffer is called unconditionally,
which leads to the call of
ask-user-about-supersession-threat, which makes
global-auto-revert-mode don't work.

I've fixed that by binding buffer-file-name to nil
temporarily.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden