Re: Another keybinding nit for afterwards

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Another keybinding nit for afterwards
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:45:13 +0100

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:16:39 +0100
address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

#> > I think that is both a more convenient as well as more logical
#> > interface.
#>
#> I often find that after using C-y M-y ..., the next time I use C-y, I
#> usually want to insert the previous head of the kill-ring (as yanked
#> by the first C-y). To facilitate this, I want a M-y following the C-y
#> to only temporarily rotate the kill ring.
#>
#> To permanently rotate the kill-ring, I would like to use M-y M-y ...
#> (i.e. start with M-y rather than C-y).

FWIW, I think this is a great idea... I too am often annoyed by
kill-ring getting rotated.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk