Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:40:58 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:58:37 +0100
>
> I find the _demands_ people tend to place on volunteers in the free
> software world surprising at times.

I don't.  If you take upon yourself to maintain a package, you are
expected to do that in a professionally sound manner, and be kind and
responsive to your users; if you can't, you shouldn't be maintaining
the package in the first place.  Of course, we all fail to behave like
that from time to time, but we should at least try; you seem to say we
shouldn't, with which I cannot disagree more.