Re: Patch: Show signature state in encrypted messages using pgg

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: Patch: Show signature state in encrypted messages using pgg
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:28:23 +0900

> > Is there still any chance for such a feature enhancement to get into the
> > release?  Anyway,

> No, I don't think so, but I think that:
> 1. There is a chance to get it into gnus CVS

If so, you should make a patch to the Gnus trunk, I think.

> Yes, this might be a problem indeed -- but as far as I can see from a
> quick glance over the source mm-uu-pgp-encrypted-extract-1 is only
> used for "application/x-gnus-pgp-encrypted" which seems quite non
> standard and which I haven't knowingly encountered in real live --
> which would explains why I haven't noticed the glitch in my patch...

You are appearantly missing that Gnus set
application/x-gnus-pgp-encrypted for traditional inline PGP messages.  I
agree these messages are "quite non standard".

> Anyway how about something along the lines of

> ;;; untested:
> (progn
>   (mml2015-clean-buffer)
>   (funcall (mml2015-clear-decrypt-function))
>   (eq t
>       (compare-strings "OK" nil nil
>                      (mm-handle-multipart-ctl-parameter mm-security-handle
>                                                         'gnus-info)
>                      nil 2)))

> this should fix it.

At least XEmacs 21.4 does not have compare-strings.  BTW, why do you
tend to spread your kludge here and there?  Why not use some other
parameters such as 'gnus-details instead?
--
Daiki Ueno