Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:57:58 +0100

On 11/15/06, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

 This program is provided purely for convenience, since most users will
 use Emacs in windowing (GUI) mode, and will not want to have an extra
 console window lying around.

Now that I re-read that... Why does not Emacs hide its own console
when started in windowing mode? Why is runemacs.exe needed at all?

Hmm... I guess the answer is: it can, but there's no way to avoid the
"flash" of the console being created and then hidden.

                   /L/e/k/t/u