Re: multiline font-lock questions

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: multiline font-lock questions
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:27:09 -0500

>     I posted some questions about how to get multiline font-lock working
>     in gmane.emacs.help because I wasn't sure that they would be deemed
>     appropriate here.  If they belong here instead, please let me know.
>
> Can you try to adapt them for use in the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual?

For the most part, I doubt it; they're questions, not answers.  There
were a couple of suggestions about clarifications that could be made
to the manual, but someone who knows which of the possible ambiguous
meanings is correct needs to do that :).

There is one thing I can say: the manual says that "^" only works at
the beginning of a regexp and after "\\(" and "\\|", but it also works
after "\\(?:".  The same goes for "$".

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting