Re: unicode font-backend + tiling

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: unicode font-backend + tiling
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:18:04 +0900

Leo <address@hidden> writes:
> That's a very interesting screenshot. Will those features be merged
> into Emacs once 22 is released?

At least some of them will... :-)

The anti-aliased fonts are part of a reworking of font handling on the
unicode branch, which will become the new trunk once 22 is released.
The image-background stuff is my own patch, which I think may be
mergeable in the future (while arguably it's just bling, I don't think
it's all that intrusive).  [Other stuff like lexbind, who knows...]

[After using it for a while, I find I really like the aa font support
... text looks so _pretty_ now (and Emacs is, after all, all about

Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?