Re: Emacs manipulate files with long-lines very slowly.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Emacs manipulate files with long-lines very slowly.
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:52:25 +0800

> >>    (1) visit the file
> >>    (2) force newlines to be written using CR:  C-x C-m f mac RET
> >
> > But I can't input the C-x C-m, when stroking C-x C-m, the minibuffer will
> > say:
>
> Notice that C-x C-m is followed by "f" -- the full command is:  C-x C-m f

I see, but this command is equivalent C-x RET f on my Operating System.

I do the following to solve this problem:

   (1) visit the file
   (2) force newlines to be written using CR:  C-x RET f mac RET
   (3) save the file:  C-x C-s
   (4) kill the buffer:  C-x k RET

Please notice, not the command you told me: C-x C-k RET, because if I use
this command, I'll meet the following message:

===============
No keyboard macro defined.  Create one? (y or n)

   (5) revisit the changed file

Why should these differences are exist?

--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>