word-search toggle for isearch [was: Info-search-isearch]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: word-search toggle for isearch [was: Info-search-isearch]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:30:49 -0800

Both Juri and Stefan have sent (essentially the same) code for toggling word
search in incremental search:

> From: Juri Linkov Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:19 PM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Info-search-isearch
> (defun isearch-toggle-word ()
>   "Toggle word searching on or off."
>   (interactive)
>   (setq isearch-word (not isearch-word))
>   (setq isearch-success t isearch-adjusted t)
>   (isearch-update))
>
> and a new keybinding:
> (define-key isearch-mode-map "\M-sw" 'isearch-toggle-word)
> will provide a easier way to toggle on/off incremental word search.

> From: Stefan Monnier Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:25 AM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: incremental search
> (defun isearch-toggle-word ()
>   "Toggle word searching on or off."
>   ;; The status stack is left unchanged.
>   (interactive)
>   (setq isearch-word (not isearch-word))
>   (if isearch-word (setq isearch-regexp nil))
>   (setq isearch-success t isearch-adjusted t)
>   (isearch-update))

Juri proposed binding this to M-sw. Stefan suggested M-w instead.

Users of most editors expect a simple, quick way to toggle word searching.
How to do this in Emacs is a FAQ. We have even gone to the trouble of
documenting C-s M-e M-w WORD C-s, but we have not added a simple binding for
this.

How about adding this feature (toggle command and binding) to Emacs now?