po-find-file-coding-system-guts simplification

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: po-find-file-coding-system-guts simplification
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:04:26 +1100

While nosing around lisp/textmodes/po.el I wondered if most of
po-find-file-coding-system-guts could be replaced by a call to
locale-charset-to-coding-system.

Perhaps it's not the time to be making such a change, but if I'm not
mistaken locale-... is designed precisely to take a libc style name
such as found in a po file and thus such as po-find-... is munching
and crunching.