magic file system implementation

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: magic file system implementation
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 03:29:24 +0000

I want to implement my own magic "filesystem" over stateless HTTP (I
have the backend and a FUSE client already).

I have a few questions:

1. if one of the magic filesystem functions is not relevant to me,
what should I have that function do? For example, my filesystem cannot
have subdirectorys, what should make-directory and
make-directory-internal do?

2. Does anyone have a skeleton implementation of magic files? eldav is
pretty good but still quite eldav specific.

3. What's the best prefix to register? TRAMP seems to have taken over
magic filesystems by registering:

to it's handler. This makes TRAMP the fs for anything with a url
scheme.

Making a generic module for filesystem handling seems like the kind of
thing that could be quite easily done to make life easier.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs