Re: Bug: can not start a w32 GUI program from Emacs

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Bug: can not start a w32 GUI program from Emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:32:33 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
I have been trying different ways to start explorer.exe from Emacs on w32. I can not find any way that works. It is a quite annoying bug.
(start-process "explorer" nil "explorer.exe")

Works for me.

Thanks. Actually I have now seen that it works ok for me too most of the times but not always. Those times when it does not work properly a window is shown, but it is usually transparent, missing icon etc. Seems like some sort of resource problem, probably some graphic resource. (Are there any good tools showing such resources?)