Re: National Language Support Functions

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: National Language Support Functions
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:31:37 +0000

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
We never made any decision on this issue. Most of the answers pointed to that GetUserDefaultUILanguage is the correct function to use. Or am I just misinterpreting to confirm what I said at the beginning ;-)

You are just misinterpreting to agree with what you yourself believe. Benjamin Riefenstahl had a similar setup as yourself, with a non-English locale on an English localized version of Windows, and he too would prefer the English tutorial, but I don't think we should limit ourselves to the languages that Windows has been translated to, and in some cases this is plainly the wrong language to use.