Re: How global is a define-global-minor-mode mode?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How global is a define-global-minor-mode mode?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:44:17 -0500

[I sent this message a few days ago but did not get a response.
Could we get the discussion moving again?]

    I am trying to use define-global-minor-mode, see below. I have
    customized the global mode to be t, but when I open new buffers the
    minor mode is not set in them. Is this a bug in define-global-minor-mode?

My impression is that the global mode defined with
define-global-minor-mode does not affect all buffers to be created in
the future.  It only catches buffers created by visiting files.

If so, I think what is needed is to add this to the documentation of
define-global-minor-mode.

    Globally enabling the mode also affects buffers subsequently created
    by visiting files, but not buffers subsequently created in other ways.

Can anyone confirm that this is right?