Re: How global is a define-global-minor-mode mode?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How global is a define-global-minor-mode mode?
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:23:50 -0500

    I believe the problem is that the setup of the hook functions is not
    done as expected. I have my global minor mode set to t in customize, but
    I do not found the global mode hook functions in the hook after startup.
    (The global minor mode is t.)

That sounds like a bug.  Can you debug it?  Can you provide a
_precise_ self-contained test case so someone else can debug it?

    I think Drew said that the documentation for define-global-minor-mode
    needs some enhancement. I think that too, especially something could be
    mentioned about the difference using :global t with define-minor-mode.

Maybe it does, but not based on a bug.  We should fix the bug,
and document the correct behavior.