RE: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:09:08 -0800

>     > The idea of putting a "line break" into the tool bar sounds
>     > interesting for after the release.
>
>     Sorry, I have not been following this thread, but by adding a
>     "line break" do you mean incrementing `tool-bar-lines'?
>
> No, it means putting something into the list of toolbar icons which
> says "make a line break here".  Like a newline character in text.

Could you also please increment `tool-bar-lines' when you do that, so that
`tool-bar-lines' continues to reflect the visual appearance (addition of
another line of tool bars)?

IIUC, you are talking about changing the number of visual tool-bar lines
without also changing the frame parameter `tool-bar-lines'. Doing that will
make it difficult to guess at the frame height used by the tool bar. I
currently estimate that at 2 * frame-char-height * tool-bar-lines, and that
works well. (I treat a nil value as 0.)

As long as `set-frame-size' includes the tool-bar height in its effect, I
will need to account for the tool-bar height when I fit a frame to its
(sole) buffer. (`set-frame-size' does not include the menu-bar height, but
it does include the tool-bar height.)