Re: defcustom and the stars.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: defcustom and the stars.
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:10:43 +0100

Not to defend modifying describe-variable right now, but this:

Yes. Here is a doc string I have, for instance.

 "**Completions* window is removed if fewer chars than this are input."

is basically incorrect, in the sense that

 (defvar my-var nil "*Completions* window blah blah.")

is wrong; it makes my-var a user variable, when it isn't intended to.
Seems like a docstring payload (taking out the possible initial "*")
should not start with an asterisk...

                   /L/e/k/t/u