Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:07:23 -0500

    I think this can be fixed by using image-mode-maybe in magic-mode-alist,
    instead of image-mode.

That would ensure never visiting a .c file as an image, and the change
is ok with me.  However, if we consider buffer overflows in these
libraries a problem in Emacs, that is not enough to prevent such
problems.

What needs to be done, I think, is for these libraries to explicitly
validate the data before starting to display it.