Re: raise frame no go

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: raise frame no go
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:58:42 +0100

Of course.  And if raise-frame makes the icon blink in the dock rather than
raising the frame, it's not a bug either: it's a Metacity (mis)feature.

I just wanted to add to the discussion that Metacity indeed seems to
be buggy. Yesterday I downloaded and compiled a small program called
`xwit' that could "pop" a windo to front. Guess what, the same
behaviour as I get with `raise-frame' in Emacs.

A pity as I am reluctant to change my window manager in Gnome.