Re: Suggestion on completion

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestion on completion
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:57:05 -0500

    So, is it better to treat two directory names matching iff they are
    precisely equal?  If so, I'd like to work on it.

If we change the meaning of directory names in
`completion-ignored-extensions' so that they are not extensions, the
name would no longer make sense.  So I think it is better to add
a new variable `completion-ignored-names'.  Those names would be
checked for an exact match.

We should not install this until after the release, but you could
write it now.