Re: Where is the frame resized after startup?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Where is the frame resized after startup?
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:20:40 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:28:52 +0100
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
CC:  address@hidden,  address@hidden
What do you mean by ``after all startup code has run'', exactly?

Yes, that was a bit unclear. In this case I meant "after creation and sizing of the first frame".

Assuming that window-setup-hook is not good for that, perhaps you can
explain why you need that hook to run after sizing of the initial
frame and no earlier.

A very simple thing. I want to maximize the frame.

One idea to try is inside window-setup-hook put a function into
after-make-frame-functions.  That function should do whatever you want
to do after initial frame is created, then remove itself from
after-make-frame-functions.

Thanks, I have done that, but it does not work for the first frame. I add to the hook in a defcustom.