Re: New pretest tarball 22.0.93

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New pretest tarball 22.0.93
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:42:57 +0200

> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:22:12 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Emacs 22.1 doesn't come anywhere near that revolution.
>
> Sure. And yet, we're already 91 days into the pretest.

4 pretest tarballs is not too many, I think.

> > No.
>
> Well, that's not gonna make things faster ;-)

I wonder on how many platforms was this pretest built and tested.  I
don't think we have that information; during the pretest of Emacs 21,
I think many pretesters would send email short time after another
pretest was tarred, saying they have the new version up and running.
Perhaps we should ask them to provide this information now.
Otherwise, we really have no idea how well the pretest is tested, in
comparison to how the CVS code normally is.