Re: Image mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:27:42 +0200

> How about this patch?
>
> It brings up the prompt when the image autodetection clashes with
> auto-mode-alist, and restores the old image-mode behavior for all
> other cases.

Thanks, Chong.  This patch seems to lead us more close to the good balance
between treating real risks and convenience of displaying images.

The important part it still misses is a new option that defines what
Emacs should do in case of mismatching between the file extension
and its content.  Asking a question like in your patch would be one
option, but the default I think should be the choice 4 from the list
Juanma posted on this thread, i.e. setting image-minor-mode and
not displaying the image.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/