Re: fundamental-mode-hook

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: fundamental-mode-hook
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 02:40:43 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 2/8/07, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:

(Not a facetious question, I'm honestly trying to
figure out if the situation is a problem or not.)

Hmm, for one thing, I'm not sure why it doesn't just say

   (delay-mode-hooks 'after-change-major-mode-hook)

instead of checking the variable delay-mode-hooks manually.

I thought that a hook like (the now non-existent) fundamental-mode-hook was meant for adding things for minor mode for example.

I can not really understand the rational for not having it. There can still be minor mode active in a buffer with in fundamental-mode, or?

(And currently Info is incorrect.)