[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:46:50 +0100
Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/22.0.91 (gnu/linux)
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
> (Indeed, there's nothing in configure.in telling the compilation
> process to include this file, so it's literally unused. The file said
> that it was for running Emacs on the "Mips operating system", which
> I've never heard of.
> It was the operating system of Mips machines, in the 80s I suppose,
> before Mips was acquired by SGI.
Is that the same as RISC/os? That would fit in the time frame.
> It was installed at a time when users manually specified the
> configuration files to use. There was no configure file until two
> years later. Maybe umips was obsolete by the time `configure'
> was added.
mips-mips-riscos* is still supported by configure.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, address@hidden
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."
- srs/s/umips.h, Glenn Morris, 2007/02/13
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, Andreas Schwab, 2007/02/14
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, Chong Yidong, 2007/02/14
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, Richard Stallman, 2007/02/15
- Re: srs/s/umips.h,
Andreas Schwab <=
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, Richard Stallman, 2007/02/16
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, David Robinow, 2007/02/16
- Re: srs/s/umips.h, Andreas Schwab, 2007/02/16