Re: font-lock-fontify-syntactically-region: could someone check?

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: font-lock-fontify-syntactically-region: could someone check?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:25:33 -0800

I'm using the version out of the Emacspeak svn repository --- and
the buggy regexp-opt was nuked a long time ago:-)

Incidentally the bug doesn't manifest itself in anything but the
tex derived modes, so I'm suspecting  there is bad interaction
between the tex-specific syntatic fontifier and emacspeak; the
bug does not happen in any of the other modes e.g. lisp, python,
perl, or c (or their derivatives).

I stepped through the code with debug-on-entry but got very
confused by the complexity in font-lock --- so I'm still at a
loss.

The bug shows up in vanilla tex-mode (i.e. the one that ships
with emacs 22), texinfo-mode -- as well as all modes provided by
auctex. (from comments in the auctex code, it looks like the
cloned and later adopted the syntactic fontifier from tex-mode.el)

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  address@hidden