Re: removing bushdb related code in gud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: removing bushdb related code in gud.el
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:27:37 -0500

    To avoid users' confusion, we'd like to move bashdb related code(bashdb.el)
     in gud.el to bashdb itself. So we can provide well updated bashdb.el in
    bashdb release.

Wouldn't it be better to have a protocol version number?
Then Emacs could still have the code, but if you change the protocol,
you would update the protocol version number.  Then the code in Emacs
would say "you need to install bashdb.el from <wherever>.