Re: Adding email address support to thingatpt.el.

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: Adding email address support to thingatpt.el.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:00:40 +0100

Just for consideration:

Email at point might be used to pick emails from a
csv-database. Than `;' and `,' as delimiters should be
possible together with or instead of angles.

AFAIU rfc2822, several more chars are allowed to be
part of an email-adress than regexp honours now:

,----
| addr-spec       =       local-part "@" domain
|
| local-part      =       dot-atom / quoted-string / obs-local-part
|
| domain          =       dot-atom / domain-literal / obs-domain
|
| domain-literal  =       [CFWS] "[" *([FWS] dcontent) [FWS] "]" [CFWS]
|
| dcontent        =       dtext / quoted-pair
|
| dtext           =       NO-WS-CTL /     ; Non white space controls
|
|                         %d33-90 /       ; The rest of the US-ASCII
|                         %d94-126        ;  characters not including "[",
`----

__
Andreas Roehler

Karl Fogel schrieb:
Please suggest this again a couple of months after the 22.1 release.

Okay, I'll try to remember to do that.

I'll incorporate Andreas Schwab's regexp suggestion in the meantime.

-Karl