Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs build on Windows: Prerequisites
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:44:54 +0100

dhruva wrote:
Hi,
Thank you all for the inputs. I agree it is much simpler to download
some extra tools and get the build going.

The following are some of the packages I downloaded to get the whole
thing going:

For building Emacs on Windows (release/pretest versions):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm
To build the info files (from CVS):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/texinfo.htm

Tools needed by Emacs (optional to get a full blown setup):
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tar.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm

with best regards,
dhruva

Thanks. Did you see the page about building Emacs on w32 here:

 http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html

Do you have some comments about that page? Maybe your list is a good summary for some things there?

With the Emacs+EmacsW32 distro comes some of the GnuWin32 utilities. Do you have any opinion about what to include there?