Re: why all the <help-echo> keys in the output of `C-h l'?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: why all the <help-echo> keys in the output of `C-h l'?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:01:17 -0400

    That is no doubt the explanation for seeing lots of <help-echo> "input
    keystrokes" in the output of `C-h l'. I see that as more annoying than
    useful. If others think it is useful, can we at least let users turn it off?

We could turn off the storing of those events in the history buffer.
It might be a good idea, though there are cases where it would be
better to include them.

But let's not do this now.

    Also, I thought we were going to increase the number of keystrokes output by
    `C-h l' in this release, and we even talked about possibly making that
    number a user option. It is apparently still hard-coded at 100, which is far
    too short, IMO - especially with all of the pseudo-user keystrokes we see
    now.

We could easily change it to 200.  Let's do that.  That is safe and
easy.