Re: Pretest?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:43:21 +0100

On 3/13/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

I think that in cases like this server.el should display the new buffer
in another window, so that the user knows to go over and edit it.

If the user wants server.el to display emacsclient-sent buffers in
another window or frame, he can set server-window.

But server.el should not mess up the command that is being executed.

As David pointed out, emacsclient is rarely started in an asynchronous
way; usually is as a result of user interaction, either clicking
somewhere or typing "emacsclient myfile" in a shell. "Messing up" with
the command being executed is exactly what I would expect from such an
action. And IIRC, both the current isearch issue and the previous
patch to abort recursive editing were prompted by users considering
not doing that as a bug.

            Juanma