MENU to choose the font

From: A Soare
Subject: MENU to choose the font
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:05:37 +0100 (CET)

Why it is not chosen another system to change the font using the mouse?

In this moment (default) to change the font I press SHIFT+[left mouse button] ,
then choose a font.

In general I receive the message << mouse-set-font: Font not found [2 times]
>>. That is because there is no rule to select the fonts from the default list.

Why it is not assigned to SHIFT + LEFT-MOUSE-BUTTON a menu to choose:
- font color
- background color
- a list of fonts (and to dresse this list detecting at least whether the fonts
are instlled in the system).

What do you say about this proposal. If the assoc list (buffer-name, color)
cannot be implemented, maybe this solution would work better?

Alin Soare.