Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:27:03 -0400

> I kow it's unpopular around here (and with a reason!), but the most user
> friendly solution seems to be yet another menu entry in Options (say,
> "Color Scheme" with a submenu containing "Dark Background" "Light
> Background" and may be others. Post release?

I occasionally use PuTTY (typically from a "locutorio" when I'm in
Argentina) and always find it relatively difficult to remember/find the
right var to customize.

Problem is: in terminal mode, menus are also more difficult to
use :-( I wish PuTTY used a special TERM setting (or alternatively, I wish
the xterm control-sequences included one which can be used to identify the
terminal in use, and maybe even its background color).  Maybe we should
write&submit a patch to X.org (or whoever is maintaining xterm nowadays) for
that, so that we can use it in Emacs-23.

        Stefan