Re: Multiple bugs in lisp-mode M-q on paragraphs within #|..|# comments

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Multiple bugs in lisp-mode M-q on paragraphs within #|..|# comments
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:42:22 -0400

   From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:57:15 -0400

   >    I found three such bugs.  To reproduce:

   Does the patch below help?

           Stefan

Yest; it fixes all the major symptoms.  The only thing that is still not
quite right is that filling the paragraph numbered 4 doesn't seem to
obey fill-column.  If I do "C-h v fill-column RET" in the lisp-mode
buffer in "emacs -Q", it tells me that the value is 70, but what I get
after filling is this:

       4.  Invoke (recompile-everything) so that *functions-compiled*
    and *functions-called* reflect the runtime.

Without the quoting indentation, the first line is 65 characters long.
What I expect is this:

       4.  Invoke (recompile-everything) so that *functions-compiled* and
    *functions-called* reflect the runtime.

where the first line is 69 chars long.  This may be a separate issue,
since I get the same behavior for paragraphs inside quoted strings, with
and without your patch.  However, emacs 21.3 does it the way I expect,
both in quoted strings and in #|...|# comments.

   Thanks for fixing this (and sorry for not responding sooner),

                                        -- Bob