Re: kbd vs read-key-sequence

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kbd vs read-key-sequence
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:02:04 -0400

We are hoping to release Emacs 23 in not terribly long -- and the situation
with widespread use of pre-XP versions of Windows is likely not to change
for years.

    > We do not want to encourage them to upgrade.

    Surely we do want to encourage them to upgrade, to a Free OS?

If we see, in the coming months, that the tendency is to update to a
free OS rather than downgrade to Windows Vista, then we might conclude
it is good to encouage them.