Re: "spurious scrolling bug"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "spurious scrolling bug"
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:55:31 -0400

    You probably mean this thread, which is (apparently) unrelated to the
    current bug:

Indeed, that is the bug that I already fixed.

I noted spurious scrolling on a few occasions.  One was on exiting
from C-s.  Eventually I found a reproducible case, so I tracked down
the cause and fixed it.

Another was after waiting for periods on the order of a minute,
particularly in Rmail.  I never figured out the cause of that, and I
think I never found a way to reproduce it.  Typically it happens after
I have used SPC, C-v or M-v to scroll through the message, so that
point is at the top or bottom line.  I think it was mainly after
scrolling down, but I am not sure.

Another case where I have seen it is immediately after typing C-c C-c
to send a message in Mail mode.  I noticed that a few times over the
past few weeks.

I will try to keep an eye out for whether these problems still happen.