Re: Possible make-package bug

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Possible make-package bug
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:30:40 +0800

After looking into file mac/make-package I find:

,----
| ## Make bootstrap if .elc files are missing from distribution
| if [ ! -f ${srcdir}/lisp/abbrev.elc ]; then
|    echo "Required .elc files missing; making bootstrap..."
|    if ! (cd ${builddir}; make bootstrap $make_options); then
|       echo "Make bootstrap failed...  Aborting make-package."
|       exit 2
|    fi
| fi
`----

Seems the logic for make bootstrap is too simple. If all elc files
except abbrev.elc are not created, what will make-package do? If any el
file is updated from cvs while all elc files are intact from previous
build, there is no way for make-package to update elc files.